Thursday, July 14, 2011

Women and one night stands? The paradox of the double standard.?

It's a worldwide known fact that there's a massive double standard on the one night stand. Women are 'wh*res' men are 'legends'. But why? I've read a few things on it that say women don't really want a one night stand but that they're doing it because they're 'desperate' and 'lonely'. I'm neither, In fact i treasure my single status and have actively refused to be any-ones girlfriend for well over a year. I just had my first one night stand, completely unattached. And don't have any feelings for him, in fact i hope he doesn't contact me. We were drunk, sh*t happens, not something i intend to make a habit of but even if i did why should i have to be branded a 'who*e'. I want your thoughts on this matter, what do you think the general thoughts on this subject should be? (The irony is that the i predict the conclusions i'll get is you're a 'wh*re' or some such, but i was actually celibate for over a year and that was my second partner).

No comments:

Post a Comment