Sunday, July 17, 2011

Do I have a tooth abscess or infection?

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out 4 weeks ago. Last weekend I started having pain in my lower right area. I went to the dentist, and he took an x-ray and said there was inflammation around the end of the root of the 2nd molar. He said it was caused by a cross-bite that developed since I had my wisdom teeth removed, so he ground down the teeth that were hitting each other at an angle so they wouldn't hit each other any more. It has been 48 hours and the pain has not gone away, it is just a constant gnawing pain and my lower right jaw feels swollen and the outside area of the gums around and behind that tooth are sore. When I put pressure on the side of the gums where it hurts, a small amount of reddish liquid comes out from around the gum line around that tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment