Saturday, July 16, 2011

My husband, like many others, was given the 10 year bar back to Mexico in 2006?

He has been there for 5 years. We have been married for 7 years. He was here illegally but wanted to do the right thing. He paid a fine and we filed the I-130 Petition ... all done through an attorney. He had an ITIN#, filed his income taxes, gave to the community, we're married and all my family lives here. Some are in bad health and can't travel to see him. He does not have any problems... no criminal records, etc. in either country. Since he was returned, I had surgery, lost my job, had a break in and assault, and lost our home to a short sale and had to sell whatever to survive. The US Embassy does not see my life as a hardship and won't give us permission to file the waivers. How will the "Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act 2011" effect those who have been given the 3 or 10 year bars. Shouldn't they be given the opportunity to return before we give amnesty to those who are here illegally and who had no intention to ever step forward and apply for residency in the U.S.? I feel President Obama should consider all of these folks before moving forward. It only seems fair to do it this way. I would love to be able to pack up and just live in Mexico but considering that I'm over 50 and have been through 5 years of losing everything, I feel I must stay here and do my best to build some type of retirement for us when he gets to return in 2016. It's tough when your lives are passing fast and we can be together to enjoy our younger years. I am not financially equipped to travel to Mexico often as it is. Any advice or recommendation would be helpfu. I really don't want to receive answers...like ... he came illegally and that's all that can be done considering there are millions here illegally who never had the intention to be document. I know some that have been here for 20 years and have family (children and grandchildren). Are we going to send them all home for 10 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment