Friday, July 15, 2011

Goldfish EMERGENCY!!!!?

As far as I know fish don't actually "sleep" like we know it. Sometimes they may float in one spot for a long period of time which could be them resting. My goldfish have a tendency to float in one spot for a while but they are not upside down or stuck on the filter when they do this. Here is a website that can tell you about fish sleeping: http://bigquestion.wordpress.com/2008/03/04/how-do-fish-sleep/ I am no expert but I have seen two of my own goldfish die. When they were dying they would get bursts of energy and swim around really quickly and then slow down and float upside down and lay on the bottom of the tank for a while and then repeat the process until they died. I know that it is heartwrenching to watch and I hope that your fish doesn't die but it sounds like that may be what its doing. Here is a website that may help you diagnose what is wrong. It separates symptoms into different groups and you can choose which category your fish falls into. http://www.goldfish-emergency.com/news.php

No comments:

Post a Comment